This article is part of our Blogs for Business Series-“Seasonal Marketing: Ideas for the Summer.” Have a question about seasonal marketing or other media marketing topic? Let us know — it may be a good fit for an article and... a great cross-promotional opportunity for your business here on Media Marketing Resources.
Part One of a Three Part Series on Seasonal Summer Marketing
Summertime for business can be both more profitable and more fun with more effective marketing. The months between Memorial Day and Labor Day are key for businesses to market to their potential or current clients, and to gain momentum with marketing campaigns going into the fall and holiday season.
During the summer consumers are spending more of their time outdoors, with family and friends. We are all more spontaneous with our money, and are taking part in more festivals, fairs, and sporting events. The hot weather and a “vacation mode” can slow marketing efforts by businesses—so this is also a great time for to stand out.
Businesses should plan marketing events and campaigns that will take advantage of the weather and capitalize on popular summer rituals and trends. One of the many marketing efforts that businesses should participate in during the summer months are networking and community events.
Here are a few practical ideas that any business can implement as part of their summer marketing strategy:
- Organize A Community Service Day-
- Many businesses dedicate a portion of their time and money to support causes that are important to them and their customers. During the summer businesses should consider organizing a community service day. Businesses should select a cause that helps give back to the community and attract potential customers, who fit into their target market. This is an opportunity to get local residents and employees involved, and give back to the community.
- Community Day or Festival Marketing-
- There are numerous community days and festivals throughout the summer complete with sponsor and vendor booths, food and drinks, and events and activities for the entire family! Businesses can use these types of events to increase awareness for their brand by reserving a booth, setting up an informational table, handing out business flyers or pamphlets, and running promotional giveaways, raffles or contests. Events like these are great opportunities to meet new people and have new prospects follow up with your business.
- Summer BBQ or Picnic-
- The summer months are ideal to throw a company BBQ or picnic. Get the grill fired up, bring all your favorite summer food and drinks, and don’t forget to pack the frisbee. Have your current clients and employees all invite out a potential client or referral to the BBQ or picnic. The laid back atmosphere of this type of event will give ample opportunity to talk with and get to know those potential clients.
- Community Pools and Water Parks-
- One of the most popular activities during the summer is spending time at pools and waterparks. Community pools are great places to network and meet people in the surrounding area. Sign up for a membership and visit on a frequent basis with a stack of business cards or flyers in your bag, or sponsor/host an event at your local pool. Businesses can sponsor a lunch with free admission to a water park or community pool for a day, or utilize free passes or admission to use for client appreciation.
These are just a few event marketing ideas your company can take advantage of this summer. Of course, each of these ideas works best when marketed in traditional and online ways, including social media, mailings and public relations.
For marketing strategies and social media marketing services within your budget contact Xenos Media Group at 1.888.511.0555, [email protected]. Free initial consultation, including actionable follow-up information. We Make Media Work for You.